After to Purito sunscreen controversy, taking a look at the independently tested sunscreens I can trust and highlighting the best drugstore sunscreen for face / body and your skin.
Hey guys and welcome back to Mad About Skin, we were all shook earlier in the week when the news broke of the Purito sunscreen scandal which showed the Purito Centella unscented green level sunscreen to be offering protection well below the advertised amount on the bottle. This sadly is not a new phenomenon it is something which has been happening with a large number of brands over the past years with a New Zealand study showing that the 19 of the 13 tested sunscreens failed to deliver the protection advertised.
Todays video pulls together a collection of the best sunscreens for face and body which have been independently tested and confirmed as offering the protection levels advertised.. I would like to add the following notes to the video:
* Not all these sunscreens are the most glamorous more are they always delivered without a white cast, texture and appearance are discussed for each product but overall the purpose of this review is to highlight products which meet their spf value
* Some of these companies mentioned have fallen foul of independent testing before and had to reformulate their product to meet the required standard. I am not endorsing this behaviour but again this video is here to highlight good quality sunscreens which can live up to the advertised protection.
* Studies listed below are often behind paywalls which I have paid to have access to and which I cant openly share as the paywall protection is password linked. Therefore I have linked articles and blog which accurately reflect the findings where possible to allow you to read without paying.
* Not every product from the brands mentioned has been tested and so the findings are specific to that particular product which has been linked below
* Rules and regulations differ from country to country and therefore its important to review findings against these individual standards of where the product was tested.
Badger Sport Unscented SPF 35
Also available in Holland & Barrett in the UK and other health stores
NIOD Survival 30
Neutrogena Dry- Touch Sheer Sunscreen SPF 50+
Alpha-H Protection Plus Daily SPF (Australian TGA approved)
Paula’s Choice Sunscreens
Links to studies and research:
Lab Muffin on Australian Sunscreens:
– Summary of independently verified study
I would always encourage you to do your own research to gain confidence in the products you choose for your sun protection and this is designed as a guide only.
Wherever you are in the world I hope you are keeping safe and well and I look forward to seeing you in the next video
Mad About Skin
For business enquiries please contact: Madaboutskin101@gmail.com
#sunscreen #SPF #favourites
sunscreen, purito, purito sunscreen, purito sunscreen controversy, best sunscreen, trustworthy sunscreen, sunscreen review, spf, spf review, best sunscreen for face, drugstore sunscreen for face best drugstore sunscreen for face, how to apply sunscreen, neutropenia sunscreen, badger sunscreen, NIOD, deciem, NIOD survival, NIOD survival 30, NIOD survival review, Paula’s choice, Paula’s choice sunscreen, Paula’s choice sunscreen review,