Natural ingredients backed by science:
1. Topical Diluted Rosemary Oil: Small study showing similar benefits to rogaine (minoxidil)
2. Oral Pumpkin Seed Oil: 400mg daily found cause significant hair growth in men with hair loss
3. Topical Caffeine: Several studies in the British Journal of Dermatology showing benefit in hair loss
4. Oral Saw Palmetto: 100-320mg daily found to improve hair growth
5. Topical Peppermint Oil: Study showing 3% peppermint oil increases hair growth similar to minoxidil (non-human study)
These are great natural options, however, the only FDA approved OTC option is minoxidil! Hair loss is a complicated and frustrating condition for a lot of people with many underlying causes. The key with hair loss is that the faster you intervene, the better chance you have of getting your hair back – I recommend seeing a board-certified Derm ASAP
-Panahi Y, et al. Rosemary oil vs minoxidil 2%. Skinmed.
-Cho YH, et al. Effect of pumpkin seed oil on hair growth in men. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med.
-Evron E, et al. Saw Palmetto, a Systematic Review in Alopecia. Skin Appendage Disord.